How to sell more: Selling is a tricky sport sort of speak. There are so many things that can go right and then again there are so many things that can go wrong.
Sales success or sales failure is only split between from just the right statement or question can quickly turn into a scramble to save the sell.
It doesn’t matter what you have learned, how many influence boot camps that you have taken, the persuasive selling skills or techniques that you have learned if you there is confusion at the end of the sale the answer will be no or possibly “I wanna think about it”.
Now this statement may sound as if anyone who is in sales should understand from their first day of presenting or even walking out of a sales class but the truth of the matter is almost every salesperson loses sales every week because the potential client has confusion and the sale is lost.
You must do a few things so that the confusion issue does not happen.
- · Find out exactly what the other person or group is looking for early
- · Ask very specific questions to determine what you can do or not do
- · Confirm the budget or if needed price condition the potential buyer or buyers
- · Get a commitment to move forward if you can meet the requirements of what the person or group is looking for.
To make sure that there are no unanswered questions or issues you will have to flat out ask the question “Is there anything that has been left out up until this point” or something similar. Now is not the time to beat around the bush.
There are times to play nice in sales and then there are times where you are going to have to lay the smack down.
There is a cost for you to being there at the sales call, You have acquired a specific set of skills along with learning as much about your service or product as possible and that all have a value also.
Many times sales people feel that they are being too forceful if they ask the difficult questions about what the potential client or buyer is looking for. Why would you not get down to business and get to the specifics?
To get to the point and not have to deal with confusion at the end is what will determine whether you make the sell or not.
Learning how to increase your sales is worth the effort but there are very specific things you must do including making sure that there is no confusion through the sales process.
- · Your script must be precise
- · Your questions must be to the point and yes you do have to ask the tough questions with no fear
- · Deal with any hesitation or lack of commitment head on with the potential client or buyer
- · Decide now that you will not be treated bad by any buyer period
To be great at sales you will have to deal with many situations good and bad but you must deal with any type of confusion or questions fast in order to sell the job.
As simple as it sounds it is definitely an issue that must be ferreted out and secured.
As always I would like to thank you in advance for your comments and or questions.
Now go implement!
Scott Sylvan Bell