How to sell: Working with salespeople every day on their persuasive selling skills leads to some powerful observations on how to sell more and what not to do on a sales call.
Many times salespeople use preset or canned presentations and it may include a presentation book or a book to do a quick overview for the potential client.
What if there were very specific things that were done in just about every case of sales failure? Some of these items can lead to a sales slump while some can lead to sales success.
If you use a preset presentation book as a persuasive selling technique it is important to know:
- · The material in your overview or presentation book
- · What each page means and how it can help
- · What pages to use or to leave out
Notice in the list it does not include all of the words that need to be said.
When a salesperson hits a sales slump or is on the verge of sales failure a few things consistently happen or are a cause of the sales issues
- 1. They shorten the presentation to get to the end in the hopes that they would be able to get to the agreement faster.
- 2. They do not fully understand what the common issues or objections they their potential client base has and they do not answer the needs of the person that they are with.
- 3. Lastly the salesperson looks at each call too much like a chess game where they always have to be maneuvering.
For people to learn how to sell more or better many times it is a case of getting back to the fundamentals or basics along with actually helping the person that you are with instead of trying to tell the future and having the perfectly worded presentation?
This is the point where salespeople stop having fun and forget to smile or use monotone voices so that they can show just how boring that they can be.
In other words remember to help out the person that you are with, remember to have some fun while you are out on the road or while people come and visit you. As a huge reminder remember, that you will give the same information over and over again many times in the same day and it is not the fault of the new potential client that they were not around and hour before to see the same question answered for someone else.
Increasing your sales needs a systematic step by step approach that is no nonsense.
Here are a few steps that you can take right now to help increase your sales, take out your sales presentation or information overview:
- · Write down the purpose for each page and what question that is answered for the buyer, or objection that may be taken away
- · Write down as many questions per page that you can ask the person or the people that you meet with
- · Write down any objections that you may have on each page or segment of the process
If you do not know the answers to these questions this is a great starting point for you to get involved. It may not be that you do not have cool persuasive techniques or abilities it may very well be that you do not know your sales presentation.
As always I would like to thank you in advance for your comments and or questions.
Now go implement!
Scott Sylvan Bell
Photo credit:Word Failed With Two Business Hand by arztsamui, Hand With Failure Sign by aopsan